Tuesday 21 February 2012

Forlan booed by Inter Milan fans

Last weekend, Diego Forlan endured what every footballer has nightmares about; being booed by your own fans.


Inter Milan was thrashed at home by Bologna 3-0 in the Serie A, and the fans let the team and selected players know their feelings.

But Forlan, who signed with the Italian giants last summer from Atletico Madrid, says he made the right move with the switch and hopes to regain the faith of the supporters.

The Uruguayan striker is eager to return to his best and can't wait to be back playing in the Champions League.

"I've been missing it. It's the most important competition in the world and I am looking forward to playing in it again. Now I can and we're already in the Round of 16." Forlan told the official UEFA website.

Forlan has only scored one goal in his time at Inter, all the way back in September last year in a 4-3 win over Palermo, and has had a very difficult time since.

"I came here, played a couple of games and the coach changed. These things happen, like the injury I suffered too. However, I've always felt happy here." said Forlan.

"I'm totally convinced that the decision to come here was the right one."


No comments:

Post a Comment